|You can't believe it, your dream has come true, you are in Cairo. Unfortunately for only few days, don't know what to see &what you shouldn't miss?
Cairo over day itinerary (1 day)
It's really hard to be in cairo for only one day, but here is your itinerary
Giza Pyramids, Sphinx, the citadel ,lunch by the Nile , Egyptian museum ,coffee and shopping at Khan El khalily bazaar
N.B If it's winter start by the Egyptian museum. And keep the pyramids for med day it will be more spectacular
- * To See more of this glorious city, rent a car with ( Air condition ) ,driver or taxi for the day and *
- make the deal in advance never think of public transportation. Or driving it's not as easy as you think.
Tour Guide (Egyptologist)
- *It's better to hire a guide who knows value of time and make you see as much as possible of the city. Be your bodyguard around the greedy Bedwain in the pyramids area.
- *Make sure that your guide has a license from the ministry of tourism , and he / she fluent in the language that you speak.
- *You can hire guide thought the internet or by asking the concierge at you hotel.
- *Off course the easy way is to go to a travel agency book everything in advance or contact me and if I'm free I'll arrange it for you.
Any way let's see how you can see the best of Cairo in one day
- *If it's Summer run to the pyramids as early as you can, tickets disk is open from 08:30 AM. Take your time visiting the great pyramid the only remaining wonder of the ancient world, learn the magic word laa shukran ( no thanks ) honestly you will be hassled by the camel men and sales guys there , but any way avoid them they have a nice way to approach you so don't deal with them at al,l and listen to your guide warning.
- *Go inside th 2nd pyramid, enter the burial chamber of the king (not recommended if you have closed phobia or chest &heart dieses) great adventure!!!!!!! Don't miss the sphinx and the valley temple of kepheren.
- * The average time for the pyramids tour is 2 hours with 1 or 2 shopping stops
- * visit the citadel and the mosque of Mohamed Ali ( which is one of the most splendid and colorful mosques that we have )
- Lunch by the Nile.
- *Visit the Egyptian Museum, where you can see more than 10.000 objects, so you can trace the ancient Egyptian civilization from the pre history till the late period. Above all are the fascinating treasures of king Tut Ankh Amun, and the royal mummies (which are optional with extra Charge70 LE Per Person).
- * Transfer to Khan El khalily for having coffe in the famouse 100 years old café and more shopping ( here haggle is most ).
****I think this is the most that any body can see in Cairo in one day.
If you are interested to know my price for this itinerary drop me a line and I'll reply instantly.
Cairo for 2 Day2
Day 1:(Cairo Museum, Citadal , Coptic Cairo& Khan El khalily )
*Egyptian Museum, where you can see more than 10.000 objects, so you can trace the ancient Egyptian civilization from the pre history till the late period. Above all are the fascinating treasures of king Tut Ankh Amun, and the royal mummies (which are optional with extra Charge70 LE Per Person).
go to the Citadel of Saladin ,and the mosque of Mohamed Ali one of Egypt land marks.
Visit Coptic Cairo where you will visit the oldest church, and synagogue in Cairo .
Go to Khan El khalily start the walking trip to Islamic Cairo, It's just like a fairy tale, what everybody imagines the 'east' to be like . Have coffe in the famouse 100 years old café ,and after that start your shopping ( here haggle)
- Day 2 ( Saqqara, Memphis& Giza pyramids )
go Saqqara the place of oldest pyramid in Egypt; the step pyramid of king Djeser, which was built about 2700 B.C. Because Saqqarra is the oldest cemetery as well, you will visit 2 tombs ( it's called mastaba ) with wonderful scenes and colors about 4000 years old .
Go to Memphis the oldest administration capital which built in the 1st dynasty about 3200B.C .
Transfer to the pyramids, first you will visit the great pyramid the only remaining wonder of the ancient world, transfer to the panorama ; the best spot for taking fantastic shots of the 3 pyramids .
Visiting Khephen pyramids, where you will enter the burial chamber of the king ( not recommended if you have closed phobia or chest &heart dieses )
Your last stop at the Giza plateau will be the sphinx and the valley temple .